For more than 75 years, LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO.
, also known as JOSE LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO, has provided excellent legal services to national and multinational companies, and today is a leading law firm in Colombia.
We help our clients achieve their goals by assessing potential legal risks and helping them craft innovative, effective and ethical winning strategies.
LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO.
, has offices in Bogota and Medellin, with a team of more than 120 employees with extensive legal experience, deep commitment and ethical values, enabling us to provide an excellent service distinguished by:
LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO
- Understanding clients’ business
- Being cost-effective
- Working as a team with a structure that provides trust
- Timely response to our client´s needs
- Recruiting and developing new generations of lawyers with our high legal and ethical standards
is recognized as the leading Intellectual Property firm in Colombia.
Clients recognize our partners as top industry lawyers that understand their needs and design strategies to obtain the best patent, trademark and copyright protection to assist in reaching stated business goals while maintaining the highest ethical and legal standards.
We are valued by our clients for delivering high-quality work that is cost-effective, timely, and responsive to their requirements.
At the same time in every project we work together with the client to find the best opportunities and asses the risks in order to take the best available decision for the business.
Copyright, Advertising & Social Media
LOREDA CAMACHO & CO., has a deep expertise in copyright, entertainment law, advertising and marketing law, image rights, new technologies and social media.
We represent clients in the entertainment, creative, music, television, and new technologies (software) industries, as well as advertising agencies, editors, photographers, artists and writers.
Our Portfolio of Services include:
- Copyright Registration.
- Work-for-Hire Issues and Agreements.
- Copyright Assignments.
- Negotiating and drafting License of Use agreements.
- Copyright Infringement before the Criminal and Civil Courts.
- Settlement Agreements.
- Authorization for use of Image Agreements.
- Agreements of technical assistance of software.
We understand the importance of advertising and social media in our clients’ businesses. To assist our clients in meeting their business objectives, we identify solutions that balance the legal risks of their campaign with their advertising goals, always protecting the client´s reputation.
LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO.´s trademarks practice group is aware of the importance of our clients’ trademarks, logos, and trade dress portfolio to develop their businesses.
Our trademark lawyers and paralegals have extensive experience in trademarks, unfair competition, and anti-counterfeiting. This superior subject matter expertise drives innovation resulting in the best protection for our clients’ portfolio of trademarks.
Our Portfolio of Services include:
• Clearance of trademarks
• Filing and prosecution of trademarks in Colombia and Latin America
• Oppositions and cancellation actions
• Portfolio maintenance, through renewals, entry of affectations, change of names, change of address
• Due Diligence for Mergers and Acquisitions
• Negotiating and drafting licenses
• Domain name disputes
• Protection of the trademark portfolio in Latin America through our agents, providing superior quality of work.
We have an exceptional record of obtaining quick injunctions before the Courts and excel in client defense strategies for these types of cases because we have acted in both sides.
We focus our practice in identifying the best long-term cost effective solutions for our clients, which may include settlements as an alternative to dispute resolutions.
Our firm has extensive work experience in the following industries: pharmaceutical, personal care, food, financial, technology, entertainment, and consumer goods among others.
As of 2012, Colombia is a part of the Madrid Protocol which allows the firm to assist two types of clients: the national-based Colombian firms in filing international applications and non-Colombian international clients in their Colombian applications.
Our Patent Practice Group has extensive experience in the handling of large patent portfolios for several research and development companies around the world, most of them related to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, energy, food and beverage fields.
Our Firm is known for offering the most qualified and specialized service in the market, always seeking to implement innovative strategies aimed at obtaining the best protection for our clients’ inventions. We handle all aspects related to PCT applications, as well as conventional applications. Our experience, of over 20 years, allows us to advise and support our clients throughout the application’s prosecution until it reaches a final decision before the Patent Office. Our team consists of 4 attorneys specialized in patent matters, and 5 technical advisors specialized in different fields of technology, some of them former examiners of the Colombian Patent Office. Our practice is not only limited to Colombia, since we have the capability of handling our clients’ portfolio in different countries in Latin America, the United States, Europe and Asia, through a group of patent agents with high and qualified experience. We also count with exceptional patent drafting skills for which we have both technical and legal members teams of the highest quality. We offer our clients assistance and advice throughout all the aspects related to the invention, including:
- Preparation and filing of patent of invention, utility models and industrial designs applications;
- Permanent monitoring of the proceedings before the Patent Office, including responses to formal requirements, request of patentability examination, preparation and/or responses to third party oppositions, responses to patentability objections as well as the filing of divisional applications, and/or amendments to the claims;
- Freedom to operate searches and analysis;
- Drafting of legal opinions in connection with the scope of protection of a patent, and the comparison between the claims and the allegedly infringing device;
- Pursuing the issuance of letters patent and handling of annuity payments.
Similarly, we are able to assist our clients in the filing of legal remedies and appeals, as well as nullity actions before the Colombian Council of State. As of the enforcement of our client’s patent rights, we have extensive experience in patent litigation. Our patent infringement practice has greatly increased in the past three years, positioning LLOREDA CAMACHO & CO. as one of the most effective law firms in obtaining preliminary injunctions on behalf of our clients in a very short time. We have also obtained favorable decisions in infringement cases before second instance Courts. Our firm has also successfully reached to settlement agreements with counterparts, avoiding high-cost litigation, always seeking the best alternative for the client. Additionally, we have experience in the field of protecting breeder’s rights and all related proceedings before the competent national authority (ICA).