Intellectual property is at the heart of the Nordic economies, and its significance to the competitiveness of any globally operating company cannot be overstated. Our clients have tremendous knowledge at their disposal, as our Intellectual Property practice is among the largest and most experienced IP practices in the Nordic region.
Our team members are experienced in all aspects of intellectual property-related legal and business issues through having collaborated closely with regional and global market leaders in a variety of sectors such as telecommunications, broadcasting, entertainment, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, healthcare, automotive, industrial equipment and energy. Many of our professionals also have in-house experience with leading companies, which imparts a thorough understanding of client preferences and priorities. This allows us to leverage regional and global experiences and best practices and to add value for our clients in the real world of IP-intensive business operations. We provide you with a “one-stop shop” for advice on the full spectrum of IP issues, and we offer market-leading advice throughout the life cycle of IP, from identification, acquisition and registration to enforcement and transactions, with portfolio management and valuation in between.
Clients highlight the team's consistently high level of professional and interpersonal skills and its ability to talk the language of business.CHAMBERS EUROPE, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Our practice also builds heavily on cross-border and cross-firm collaboration. As the Nordic IP laws are based on common legislative heritage and drafting, cross-border cooperation is not only cost efficient, it really makes sense. We advise on cross-border IP litigation and transaction projects utilizing our cross-border teams seamlessly and efficiently. To ensure that our clients receive the same level of service, no matter where their business opportunities may take them, we also actively seek out and participate in business development opportunities with leading law firms in other regions and invest in developing deep relationships with them. In each matter, our team is staffed to best meet the client’s needs and to exceed expectations. This collaborative, integrated approach is essential in a world where IP has solidified its position as one of the key asset classes and value drivers for a clear majority of today’s industries.
- IP identification and acquisition strategies (throughout the supply chain)
- Employee, contractor and other workforce IP-related policies and disputes
- Trademark and design prosecution, protection, valuation and portfolio management
- Anti-counterfeiting and parallel import-related strategies and enforcement
- Patent, design, trademark, copyright and trade secret enforcement and litigation
- Coordination of multi-jurisdictional IP enforcement and litigation
- Licensing, either together with or independent of technology, and both ad hoc and as part of more general licensing programs
- Ecosystem, open innovation and open source-related intellectual property issues
- FRAND licensing related issues
- Intellectual property transactions, either independent of non-IP assets or as part of conventional transactions, such as transfer of business
- Franchising, merchandising, product placement and other similar forms of IP commercialization
- Marketing and unfair competition-related protection of client’s rights
- IP policies, manuals and training across the board
Roschier’s Intellectual Property practice is top-ranked by leading international independent legal directories, including Chambers Europe, The Legal 500, WTR1000, MIP IP Stars and IAM Patent 1000. The firm has also won several prestigious awards, including the following most recent awards:
- Global IP Awards, hosted by IAM and WTR: the Patent Litigation Firm of the Year for Finland in 2019;
- Global IP Awards, hosted by IAM and WTR: the Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year for Finland in 2019;
- Who’s Who Legal Awards: the Law Firm of the Year for Finland in 2019;
- Chambers Europe Awards: the Law Firm of the Year for Finland in 2018; and
- Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) Global Awards: the IP Firm of the Year for Finland in 2016.