- To practise our profession with integrity
- To provide our clients with speedy, practical and cost effective solutions
- To recruit the best available staff, to provide them with the means and resources necessary for their development and to ensure that they are allocated challenging and interesting work
- To employ the latest and best methods related to law firm management
- To sustain our international network of associations and to enhance them further
- To be constantly up-to-date with all developments related to our fields of practice
- To disseminate our knowledge and expertise to colleagues and associates by participating in and presenting at international conferences and seminars and by publishing articles in professional journals
- All types of trademarks
- Counselling on licensing and franchising
- Industrial designs (incl. European Designs)
- IP arbitration and mediation
- Litigation of other IP rights
- Registration of patents (National or PCT)
- Search and investigation services
- Valuation of IP rights
We were instructed to defend Leverate (an Israeli firm and its branch in Cyprus) against a trademark infringement and a passing off claim brought against them in the District Court of Nicosia. We succeeded in getting the case against our clients dismissed.
A Forex foreign firm – OCM HOLDINGS instructed us to file via WIPO an International application in several classes to register their logo 'XTRADE' and thus enjoy protection in numerous countries.
We were instructed by a medical Cypriot doctor to file a PCT application for a new pharmaceutical product.
We were instructed by the present Mayor of Ayia Napa, a Cyprus city, to file two Community Trademark applications in several classes. These two trademarks form the biggest part of the Municipality’s new worldwide tourist attraction/promotion campaign.
We were instructed by Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP to renew the registration of trademark ZIPPO in the Cy Registry. It should be noted that we are instructed regularly for renewals by agents such as Clyde & Co. and Patrix. Applicants include Emirates, Debenhams and many others.
A Forex foreign firm faced a court civil case in the District Court of Limassol for copyright infringement for the use of an allegedly similar website. We were instructed by this company to defend them in court.
An international client instructed us to file a copyright infringement claim against a Cyprus national at the District Court of Nicosia. We claimed that the defendant was using copyrighted photographs taken during dives in Sudan, Egypt and Cyprus without being authorized and/or the original copyright
Appeared before the Registrar of Companies at a hearing on an objection application filed against the registration of our client’s mark IGOL. The decision has been reserved.